Thursday, February 27, 2014

Blog 16 Advisory Meeting #2

Content:
What is the most effective way to help a suicidal teen overcome suicidal thoughts?
The most effective way to help a suicidal teen overcome suicidal thoughts is by helping them increase their self confidence. 
Self confidence often gives someone a positive outtake on life.
~Demi Lovato was suicidal, one of the things that helped her was gaining self confidence, it allowed her to look at the world a little differently.
Someone who lacks self confidence often finds it hard to be successful. 
~I used to lack self confidence, it was hard for me to do anything. I didn't want to really talk to others in fear of what they would think of me. Now that I've gained some I feel comfortable enough to talk to others, I have a job, co-captain of the drama club etc.
Someone with self confidence often works hard to cover up mistakes.
~One can consider self harming a mistake, instead of reaching out for help most just literally cover up and try to forget about it.
Building self confidence is a very important part of overcoming suicide. My mentor has tried it and succeeded. 

No comments:

Post a Comment