Tuesday, November 26, 2013

November Post; Satisfied

The first book I read that involved suicide was Cut by Patricia McCormick. This book was kind of interesting at first. I didn't know about suicide. I just knew I didn't like my life, and that I cut. My life has always been pretty great, I was never satisfied. But now I am, I have wonderful mentees, a wonderful family, and an amazing job. I have stopped focusing on what I don't have and started focusing on what I do have: everything.
I'm just so thankful for all of the great opportunities I've gotten from my senior project. It's helped me connect to not just teens who are suicidal, but addicts, and alcoholics. I see a lot of people in this category come into my store, and I answer their questions on bikes and such, and they smile. I'm not rude to them. I guess they're all surprised that I'm not a sassy teenager.
Life is good, so hang in there. c:

No comments:

Post a Comment