Monday, May 12, 2014

Blog 21: Mentorship

Literal:
Done
Patti Azevedo- San Jose K-8

Interpretive:
There is so much I learned from this experience. I would say that the most important thing I learned is the importance of loving thyself. My best answer has to do with self confidence, and without this project I would not be as confident as I am today. I overcame suicide, yes. But ultimately I believe this project may have saved my life.

Applied:
My essential question is, "What is the most effective way to help a suicidal teen overcome suicidal thoughts?" My best answer is that the most effective way to help a suicidal teen overcome suicidal thoughts is by helping them build self confidence. With my mentees I was able to implement different self confidence building techniques and I now know that they are effective. Without this project I could've said the same, but there would not have been a chance of me putting this to practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment