Friday, September 27, 2013

Additional Blog Post for September

I find it rather strange that the year I choose to learn about Suicide, is the year my life revolves around suicide.
Allow me to elaborate, a family friend's nephew committed suicide this summer, my friend just overcame suicide ideation, and most recently my friend is in the hospital for suicide ideation.
Suicide ideation is allowing your mind to wander through the possibility of suicide, rather how to go about committing suicide. Ideation is more of the actual planning of suicide.
I will not give out her name, but I will describe our friendship. She and I met about 5 years ago because our mothers were(are) close friends.When we would hang out we would just talk for hours on end. She is a few months younger than I am, and she is supposed to be a senior in high school this year. Because she will be under medical supervision there is a possibility she will not return to school. 
I come from a family where suicide is seen two ways. 1. as a cowardice act. 2. as an attention seeking act. 
So when I asked if I could go see my friend my mom's initial answer was no, but when she saw that I really wanted to she said she would think about it. I know it will be hard to see my friend like that, I also know it will be hard for her to allow me to see her like that but I want/need her to know I have no problem holding her hand and walking her through the healing process.

Before I end this post I would like to put out there that even if we aren't close, I'm here if you need to talk to me.
That is all, I'll keep an update on whether I get to see my friend soon or not! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment