Monday, September 30, 2013

Independent Component 1 Approval

1. What I would like to do for my independent component 1 is create a schoolwide assembly teaching students the difference between attention and intention. I feel that for my 30 hours I should meet with different suicidal teens and truly hear their stories. (I had spoken to my mentor about this and she was all for it and may have a few teenagers willing to talk to me.) Aside from that I could talk to different teenagers who are not suicidal and get their take on the suicidal youth. After I survey different teenagers I could collect the thoughts and create statistics, in a sense, so I know what I should focus my assembly on.

2. The way I could prove that I did 30 hours is by taking pictures with a few different teenagers willing to talk to me. I was wondering if the information and stories they share with me could count as proof, as I will ask for permission to record or film my encounter with them.

3. I feel that if everything works out the way I plan that I could really learn more about my topic because I would get hands on training. I still need to change my EQ, and I hope this will give me the extra shove I need to finalize my question. Another way this will help me explore my topic in more depth is by allowing me to get actual statistics that I was there to witness rather than reading of them in a book or article.

No comments:

Post a Comment