Saturday, September 7, 2013

Blog 5: Reflection and Working EQ

The Pentagon:
(1) Positive Statement:
One positive thing that has happened as a result of what I have completed so far is that by doing in depth research I have come to the realization of what a psychologist generally does, and I love it!

(2) EQ Content:
The piece of research I am choosing is a bar graph from my research book titled Night Falls Fast: Understanding Suicide. The bar graph shows the different reasons different people resort to suicide. This has helped me improve my understanding of my topic by showing me reasons I never thought possible.

(3)
My love for extensive research on psychology and suicide is definitely what is helping so far in my senior project. My friend was reading about a page of my research book and said she was bored, but I love it all and I think that is going to continue being handy!

(4)
What hasn't worked so far is my hands-on training. About a week ago I was supposed to meet the person I was going to be officially working with, but she was taken to the hospital for Suicide Ideation. I'm just scared for him/her! I hope he or she is going to be okay! :(

(5) Finding Value
- What is the best way to approach a person who is suicidal?
- For my mentorship there is a possibility of me working with my mentor in counseling those who are suicidal.

No comments:

Post a Comment